Outreach and Communications Manager
Inward Bound Mindfulness Education (iBme) is hiring an Outreach and Communications Manager for our Concord, MA office. We are looking for an experienced and committed individual with demonstrated success in recruiting for youth programs (e.g. camps, schools, colleges), building lasting relationships with diverse partners (e.g. community organizations, schools, influential individuals, parent and professional groups) and creating content marketing strategies.
iBme is a nonprofit that offers in-depth mindfulness programming for youth and the parents and professionals who support them. Our programming guides teens and young adults in developing self-awareness, compassion, and ethical decision making, and empowers them to apply these skills in improving their lives and communities. iBme is committed to caring for the natural world and addressing issues of social justice in all that we do.
The ideal candidate will feel aligned with iBme’s vision and values and will contribute to a joyful and healthy organizational and office culture.
Demonstrated success in:
- Creating and implementing youth program outreach and recruitment strategies.
- Relationship building and networking
- Managing people to inspire, including remote outreach coordinators and consultants.
- Exceptional public and interpersonal communication
- Rigorous discipline in prioritizing according to strategy, emphasizing attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- Self-direction, problem solving and managing resources among multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative and entrepreneurial, self-motivated environment
- Design and implement an outreach strategy for program participant growth and retention for all iBme programs
- Translate strategy into actionable campaigns, measurable in quantitative terms
- Meet or exceed targets for youth, parent and professional program participants across all regional retreats in the US, Canada and the UK
- Build strong and authentic relationships with strategic partners (organizations and individuals) and influencers in the mindfulness and youth fields
- Develop collaborative agreements based on mutual interest that deliver tangible results
Communications + Marketing:
- Create impactful and authentic communications campaigns, including print, digital and social media channels
- Develop, regularly update and implement Content Marketing Plans, aligned with partnership agreements
- Develop and ensure consistent branding, messaging, and content across iBme programs
- Write and edit a broad range of materials for both print and digital use
- Manage and inspire 10+ part-time regional outreach coordinators
- Manage consultants for targeted content creation – written, digital, video, podcast, social media, newsletters, etc.- selecting vendors, managing contracts.
- Manage the overall marketing and outreach budget – allocating funding and resources and making adjustments as needed
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent computer skills: experience with website development, Salesforce and Google suite
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Some travel required
This position will be based in our Concord, MA office. We offer free parking, but are also adjacent to the commuter rail train station. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and a substantial PTO policy.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
iBme is committed to fostering a diverse organization and strongly encourages people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. iBme is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.