Early Application Deadline: December 31, 2018
Enter your name and email to get more details & reminders for the course, and start the application process when you’re ready.
Dates & Locations
June 2019-June 2020. The year-long program will begin and conclude with a 5-day residential retreat held in Concord, MA. An additional 4-day retreat will be held in January. Room and board for all retreats is included in the training fee.
- Three residential retreats
- Online study between retreats
- Monthly small group meetings
- Meditation and Facilitation mentoring
- Structured daily meditation practice
- Individualized feedback from faculty
- Practicum and Certification
Who is this training for?
Professionals who are interested in teaching mindfulness in their high school, college or community through classes, workshops or retreats, and who are committed to deepening their own meditation practice as a foundation for working with adolescents. This includes:
- Public and Private School Educators
- Higher Education Professionals
- Adolescent Counselors & Social Workers
- Health and Wellness Professionals
- Experiential Educators
- Professionals who work with young adults in any capacity
What will you learn?
Personal and professional mindfulness teaching skills, including:
- A depth of meditation experience adequate to embody mindfulness
- Methods for compassionate and playful engagement with youth
- Foundations of adolescent developmental psychology
- Science of mindfulness
- Trauma-informed teaching methods
- Ability to create curriculum for diverse populations
- Understanding how issues of social justice including racism, power and privilege intersect and impact teaching
- Ability to apply mindfulness to creative expression, the natural world, and global issues.