Our vision at iBme is to support future generations of heart-centered, diverse leaders who are prepared to respond to the challenges of their time with focus, resiliency, and compassion for themselves, their communities and the global environment.
Our values at iBme are how we bring our vision to life on a daily basis.
- We are committed to the process of continual, values-driven prioritization.
- We are a community of learners with everyone in a different stage of mastery.
- We are open to different and multiple experiences.
- We are committed to exploring our blind spots together with patience, joy, compassion, and mutual support.
- We willingly state our individual perspectives and work collaboratively to harmonize our differences.
- We embrace humility, vulnerability, self awareness, and deep listening to each other.
- We support people as they move in and out of participating, trusting that their input will be taken seriously and valued.
Whole Person Approach
- We accept people’s individual capacities with warmth, joy, caring, and honesty, seeing and holding each other’s wholeness even when triggered.
- We seek to have enough effectiveness to attain our goals while supporting enough space for connecting with and processing personal feelings and needs.
- We have deep respect and honor for the inherent wisdom of everyone, specifically of youth and what they are bringing.
Care and Warmth
- We intentionally create a warm, welcoming environment filled with love, compassion, and support.
- We seek effectiveness and efficiency as we work towards our mission of providing high quality programming with the resources (human and financial) which we have available.
- We embody mindfulness, compassion, and joy, valuing our well-being alongside our metrics, goals, and deadlines.
- We measure success through the embodied, positive transformation of each participant.
- We encourage whoever is capable to move into a leadership role, which fosters a dynamic and fluid structure, rather than a rigid, hierarchical one.
- We are responsible fiduciaries to the organization, recognizing that as such we are accountable for relative financial statements and are required to meet certain deadlines.
- We are committed to addressing issues of equity in all that we do.
As part of our commitment to exemplify collaborative leadership, we have engaged in a multi-month, multi-step process to define our values. Through the mindful means of research, communication, and reflection, we came to see not only those positive values which are currently reflected in our organization and those to which we aspire, but we also identified behaviors which do not align with our highest intentions and which we want to transform. These “unexamined values” may be reflected in our intermittent tendency to:
- compromise our well-being, positive emotional tone, kindness, warmth, and levity in order to accomplish our tasks;
- embody intensity rather than peace and light-heartedness;
compromise the wholeness of our lives and well-being for the perceived needs of the organization; and
- pursue growth for the sake of growth, measured by quantitative metrics.
As we continue in this process we will work to address these unexamined values and transform our organization to be fully aligned with our vision in everything we do.